National Swimming Pool Foundation
Certified Pool/Spa Operator Certification Courses
CPO certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. The Certified Pool/Spa Operator certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 282,000 successful CPO certifications in 64 countries. Many state and local health departments accept the CPO certification program.
Instructors receive comprehensive training and certification to teach the CPO certification program. These instructors represent every segment in the aquatics industry including operators, health officials, service professionals, builders, manufacturers, property managers, retailers, and academicians. This training has helped protect millions of swimmers by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities.
* The CPO certification program includes pool and spa chemistry, testing, treatment, filtration, maintenance, automatic feeding equipment, and government requirements
* The CPO certification program requires an open book written examination
* The CPO certification is valid for five years
* Proven educational tool
* Widely accepted by local and state authorities
* Covers topics necessary for pool operators including a section for local and state codes
* Comprehensive handbook that is updated regularly
* All courses are taught by NSPF certified instructors
* The CPO certification is recognized nationally and internationally
* Gives participants a better understanding of the operators role in pool care, management and risk reduction
Per the policies by the National Swimming Pool Foundation (NSPF), you must attend both days of class to qualify for the exam.
NOTE: You must bring valid, government issued picture ID (Drivers License, Passport, Military ID, Resident Alien Card, etc.)with you on the first day of class. You must bring with you a pencil, photo ID, and a calculator. Calculators that are on smart phones are NOT acceptable. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.